Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Trust Me

Rule 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates - Schlock Mercenary

After checking out the insanity of Curzon Dax's scam(thanks Mynx), I thought I'd point you towards another guy who's trying to take your money.

Whatever you do, don't trust this site. It's entertaining, but be wary of his "contests". The fella that runs it is a very smart guy who likes to take people's isk.

I had a post last week about how important honor is to me, and I think it got misread. You see, I have a great deal of respect for the shadier elements of eve. They make playing eve a real experience instead of some stupid child's game. I don't lie, but if no one ever lied, this would be such a boring game. Hell, it'd be a boring life.

I've never been taken in a scam, never been taken in a ransom, never once been suckered into a duel that didn't have my guys closer than the gank squad about to drop on me. The few times someone came into my missions to salvage and loot, I let him(mostly I just blitz missions, so they come away doubly disappointed).

I've yet to be victimized. But this is a game where it can happen anytime, to anyone.

So please, remember this:
1: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.
2: You will trust some people eventually. Some people really won't scam you... but...
3: People will build trust in order to get your money. Take care to recognize real friends.
4: If you somehow get caught in High-Sec by PvPers, never... EVER pay a ransom. Low-Sec is hit or miss, but High-Sec ransoms are almost always scams.
5: Making money takes work or patience. Some IPO's are good, the unrealisticly good ones are scams. Banks in Eve are always scams. Money is never free unless you give it to someone.

Most of all? For gods sake, pay attention.

2 comments:

  1. I should've read this post an hour ago. Got scammed out of 150mil. EVE is a fun, but cruel mistress. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a treatise on E-trust rolling around in my head a couple of weeks now. Your posting finally forced me to put it in a blog posting.

    ReplyDelete