Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

OOC: All These Pieces

I started out clean but I'm jaded
Just phoning it in
Just breaking the skin
Can you help me I'm bent
I'm so scared that I'll never
Get put back together
You're breaking me in
And this is how we will end
With you and me bent
Matchbox Twenty - Bent

Yo.

So's I got a spiffy new banner. Shae Tiann does such excellent work that I require you to go over to her blog now and read. Wait! Read this first. Then go. Also pay her some money and get your own banner.

Honestly, very satisfied customer here.

Moving on, I was staring at my wallet yesterday, happy at least that a "blinking problem" I'd had for weeks had apparently resolved itself(I think the patch may've done that). The only problem is it's slowly whittled it's way down to almost nothing. I started with 250 million and it's now at 2. It took 3 months mind you, but here I am.

I got Minmatar frigates to 5 today, and started training up Assault Frigs. I committed a whole lot of insurance fraud to get enough money to buy a Jaguar, Cheetah, and Covert Ops Cloak. I'm going to take the Cheetah out and do exploration to make more money once I get that trained up(I'm thinking 15 days). I also plan to buy a game timecard or two to really get things rolling. I'm at that tipping point I think when it comes to money. I can go on for a while as I am, I've 70 frigates and 120 fits, alot of minerals sitting in a lowsec station, and a bit of stuff spread out among the stars. I am not hurting, I just like having alot of money.

The new patch means my Rifter fleet is more survivable now than ever though, so it's nice to have them in backup.

That's probably the shortest comment on the patch you'll find anywhere. Heh.

I'm actually enjoying writing my story so far, and I promise that as soon as I see some real action you'll get a piratey update. Seems that despite my being online all week, I'm on too late to find stuff to kill. I get lucky sometimes but most days there's nothing. Weekends are pretty intense though.

I cannot sing the praises of the Bastards enough either. I will get in on a frigate roam one day.

Oh, and to end my rambling. Christmas is next month. I thought I'd get this out before Thanksgiving. You know, before you start buying that holiday swag. Now I know it's been a tough year pretty much everywhere for people, but there's a charity run by the guys over at Penny Arcade. It's called Child's Play, and I can't think of a more noble cause to throw a few gaming bucks. They buy books, games, movies, and toys for kids in hospitals across the world.

Check it out.

Oh, and I passed 1000 hits a day ago. I assure you only a quarter of those are mine. Probably.

Good Day.

1 comment: