Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Friday, March 5, 2010

She's a Total Blam-Blam

Oh don't lean on me man
Cause you ain't got time to check it
You know my Suffragette City
Is outta sight...she's all right
David Bowie - Suffragette City

"Woah!" Hallan pushed his Manticore to the left as a volley of torpedoes streaked in his direction.

"Whoo hoo," Came a woman's voice from the Nemesis, as it released another volley of torpedoes, "How 'bout a little fire?"

"This is how we're playing it then?" He piped through his comms at her ship.

"You left me!" She replied as another volley flew in his direction.

Hallan keyed up his remote sensor dampener. He activated it and the Nemesis's targeting computers went dead.

"Now can we talk?"

_________________________

"You're being unreasonable," Hallan took a drink of his Quafe and rolled his eyes.

"I'm being unreasonable!? You dump me and then show up a couple of years later and offer me a job?"

"Yeah, that's what I did. You're a good pilot but I didn't expect a face full of Infernos,"

The girl threw her drink into Hallan's face and got up.

Hallan wiped the drink from his face with a towel and smiled, "Still got that sense of humor,"

The girl smiled to herself as she walked towards her hangar.

"We're not done!" He yelled after her.

"I know," She muttered back.

2 comments:

  1. I love these kind of stories, where so much is left unsaid to keep the reader wondering about all the details.

    ReplyDelete