Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

We Will Rock You

There's no time for us,
There's no place for us,
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us.
Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever

Suicide roams can always attract my attention. They let me harken back to my days as a low sec pirate. But there I was stuck in 0.0 with shit to do in real life. So I said my goodbyes and logged out.

Started taking out the trash, putting clothes in the washer and something inside me went "nah, let's do this shit". So I logged back in, jump cloned to one of my 100 Rifters stationed in Evati, and burned hard for Kheram, the low sec rally point for our roam.

It wasn't an uneventful time, but everyone else was in Jita buying either a Talos or a Rook so I avoided conflict. By the time everyone was outfitted my clothes were finished washing, so I threw them in the dryer and settled in for what was sure to be a very short nullsec roam.

Now, at this point you oughta get some background on why Noir. and Mercenary Alliance in general was doing a suicide roam. Many of you may know Alekseyeve Karrde. He's been the CEO of Noir. for over 8 years now. Hell he'd already been CEO for a few years when I joined the first time around.

I learned most of what I know about PvP in Noir., so it just made sense to me to join back up when I came back to the game and needed to relearn the old and learn the new. It's been a rewarding and fun experience. Plus I get in on the tail end of the Imperium Eviction. That's just fun to say.

But to get there I had to poke at Aleks first. His first response was "put in your application" so I did. And very shortly thereafter I was flying with some very fun pilots.

Then a little while back I heard some rumblings. Nothing serious but enough to make me be on the lookout for big changes. A few days ago I saw that Aleks had decided to leave Noir. (not the game, though, if you're wondering). Nothing acrimonious, mind you, he's just one of many long time corp leaders who wants to try new things. I know that feeling all too well.

But it's because of that fact that Alek's farewell roam is organized. We were going to take about 60 pilots who don't give a fuck into nullsec and wreck some shit. And wreck some shit we did. I could go into detail but it was wildly successful as a roam and wildly unsuccessful as a suicide roam. 

We wrecked all of the shit. Hell, we killed 3.5 billion isk in ships before we ever left the starting system of Kheram. And we got back out of null with our suicide ships intact after 4 hours in CVA space.

About 2-3 hours in, by the time we're all giddy with anticipation on what we can kill next, something magical happened. Fortunately for you guys (or perhaps unfortunately, I'm not sure) Aleks was streaming on twitch at the time (and with his permission I've uploaded the pertinent part to youtube), so I can present a piece of Noir.'s history right here for you to see.


Fly safe, Aleks.

No comments:

Post a Comment