Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

What It's Like

Not about to see your light
But if you wanna find hell with me
I can show you what it's like
Till you're bleeding
DANZIG - Mother

I've got nothing against CTAs, organized ops, and fleet doctrine ships. In fact I'm well aware that that's a huge part of what makes the game fun. Being a part of something way, way bigger than you are is sort of a draw for people. It's a draw for me.

But I always find the most enjoyment in PVP while part of roaming gangs of killers. It's the interactions on a smaller scale that really make me want to log in. So when I found myself dreading the idea of logging into EVE, because I'd be needing to check for ops and fits and logistics and everything else I knew it was time to move on.

Noir. today is not what I remember (but what corp is after 5 years?). It would be a ton of fun for someone seeking 0.0 warfare, but not for me right now, given my low levels of commitment to and time for the game. Not to say I won't want to do that sort of thing later, but right now? I need to fly a little freer.

So I mailed my resignation and dropped corp. And right  now I'm flying around in High Sec looking at my assets window.

Yeah that's the stuff.

There's always been something remarkably freeing about not having anything stashed anywhere. I'm not sure a non-eve player will ever understand the significance of that. It means I can go anywhere and do anything and never worry. And that's definitely a kind of freedom.

Also if you're wondering what that vague shape behind the window is, that's a Svipul I kitted out. Here's the fit if you're wondering: 

[Svipul, Blackjack]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Core Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

I really would've preferred to use T2 rigs, but I'm apparently not skilled for that. I am however, skilled for any Destroyer again. I may give Command Destroyers a little look in a while, but for now I'm gonna go see if anyone wants to play with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment