Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Monday, October 25, 2010

State of The Blog 2

Desire for approval and recognition is a healthy motive.
Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure he said some stuff in that same quote that completely disproves the point I'm making by quoting him, so I'm going to deliberately leave that part off.

I probably should've left that part out.

And that.

Oh this is getting complicated.

This ain't my first state of the blog and it won't be the last, but here it is. I was inspired by a posting by Kirith Kodachi about his feed traffic to go in search of some information. My blog has a total of 556 subscribers to it's google feed, and 56 other feeds. So the total is 612 subscribers. I used a service called feedburner, which is pretty non-intrusive. I just gave it my blog URL and it tracks all my feed subscribers.

Now again, we've all lost some readers with the shuttering of Capsuleer, but I've seen an increase in my followers and subscribers.

My most popular content so far is the Stealth Bomber Guide, followed by the directional scanning guide which is followed this month(and last) by the One Foxfire Rocket post. That's probably due to my linking it repeatedly though.

I get far more traffic from Life in Low Sec than I do from CrazyKinux, which is a telling statistic. I still get a fair chunk straight from Kinux though.

What I do know for certain is that another guide would be welcome by the community, and that if I post up something with the title "Who Wants a Cynabal" 700 unique IP's will directly visit my blog. Who knew?

Apparently these also help.

In addition, I've finally broken down and started a twitter account. I don't expect to use it much to start with, but I'm sure in 6 months I'll be tweeting about how it's raining outside and I'm not sure if I want to wear a jacket or a raincoat. Follow me there. Or just use "@HallanTurrek" I think that's all you really need?

If you look on your right I've removed the ugly Achura face that was bringing this place down(I may replace it come Incarna). I've also added some ways to make it easier for you to promote posts of mine you like. You can share a post on a number of sites, subscribe to my feed, or follow me like in the olden days.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment