Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bad Romance

There's a humming in the restless summer air
And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
But in all chaos, there is calculation
Dropping glasses just to hear them break
Lorde - Glory and Gore

Hey.

Long time no see.

It's been, what, 4 and a half years since I posted here? Or logged into EVE at all. Anyone who used to read this might have questions. Where'd I go? Am I back?

I can answer the 2nd question easily: Yes. I'm back.

The first one's a bit more complicated. There was a time when it was the most important part of my day. Blogging, podcasting, news, and recording advertisements took up every free moment. When it was good it was great, and when it was bad... well. Long story short? I got into an argument with someone and said "fuck it".

I went into my options, scrambled my password and email and disappeared. But... like a lot of things I do, it wasn't as permanent as I thought it'd be. I've done a lot of other things in the mean time.

The thing I'm probably most proud of is writing for the SCP Foundation. Some of my friends there play EVE, and I got the itch again after listening to them talk. Then customer service, about a week ago, got me back into my accounts.

I don't know what I want to do or even blog about. I've got 100 Rifters sitting in Evati but it doesn't really seem as active as it once was. There's less things tying me down right now, but I suppose that'll change as I get more involved in the game. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But for now, I'm free to chart my own course. I'll be putting this blog on a once weekly schedule. We'll start with Thursdays and see where we end up.

By the way, the Gankalyst is pretty cool. Just saying.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are alive.
    All the cool kids are on Twitter these days. See you in space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! It was great to see my blogfeed see this old place light up again!

    ReplyDelete