Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Opening the Door

Holy water, cannot help you now
A thousand armies, couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down
Florence + The Machine - Seven Devils

I'm in nullsec. A random glance at the 300 people in local reveals a collection of pirates, mercenaries, killers, and sov holders. I'm still not sure which is worse.

I dodged 2 gatecamps to get here. When the Sister's of Eve asked me to come out to Pure Blind so I could run a few missions, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I've spent the last 4 and a half years wandering wormhole space. I've seen wondrous things and I've seen horror. Yet... nothing like this. I jacked into the 'net to find out what's going on.

Apparently, the CFC has kicked up the hornets nest. Started calling themselves the Imperium. I think most people wanna take 'em out just for the pretentiousness of the name.

The galaxy is on fire but there's money to be made for a good pilot. There are opportunities to exploit. And there are corporations in the thick of this that would be happy to take me on.

The old itch comes back. There's voice in my head saying "You're the best pilot in the galaxy. People have forgotten that. Show them what they've been missing."

I look around one more time. Still surrounded. Pirates, mercenaries, and killers...

This is home.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit it's true. Welcome back. Glad you're still alive mate. One day you were up and gone. Loved the podcasting as well.

    Great to see you back in game. A lot has changed in 4.5 yrs. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete