Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Friday, January 30, 2009

EVE Blog Banter #4: I Don't Know.

Welcome to the forth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by yours truly. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed here. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

This month's EVE Blog Banter comes to us from Manasi of A Mule in EvE. Manasi asks "How do we, EVE bloggers, adapt to changes as they are thrust upon us (speed changes, no more ghost training, all the Dev blogs, etc), or as our lives make playing the game different (more time, less time)?"

Of course we adapt. Of course we change. I mean, I haven't been around long enough for any real game changes to affect me. I'm sure it's a big deal to others but to someone new to the game like myself, I've yet to see any big game changes that really impact my play.

I've always flown small light ships, so the speed "nerf" was a boost to me. It didn't affect my playing style because I've always flown small light ships.

I'd already trained probing skills before the wormhole stuff came out. That might affect me later, but it isn't changing my plans for now.

Come to think of it, since I've only been around for one "expansion" I'm probably not the best person to answer this question. Ahh well, at least I can provide my readers with links to other people that can do a better job.

The question of how the time I'm available changes how I play the game is an interestingly simple one. I have therefore a simple explanation.

When I have more time to play, I play more. When I have less time to play I play less.

Good Day.

Other Writers:

1 comment:

  1. Hey fair enough then. I guess what I was going after was the idea that some people pout their heads in the sand at times and scream and whine and cry about this and that change. Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete