Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Between Shots

We'll be singing
When were winning
We'll be singing

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to
Keep me down
Chumba Wumba - Tubthumping

"Ugh," Sarah was seated to the right of Hallan in the cockpit, her disgust was evident with whatever she was seeing on the screen in front of her.

"What's up?" Hallan asked, looking over.

"We lost,"

"What do you mean we lost?"

"I mean we fucking lost, Heth's having a ceremony and everything,"

Hallan played with his controls for a minute, firing off a final barrage of plasma at the fleeing Serpentis ship, "There is no winning and no losing from how I see it," he said as it exploded.

"Tell that to the squids," She retorted.

"Don't call 'em that,"

"I'll call them whatever I want Hal, I've been fighting them for years while you did whatever the fuck you wanted to do,"

"Nice," He shot back with disdain.

Sarah looked over at Hallan and frowned, "Look, I'm sorry. I know you want to do good," She reached over and grabbed his shoulder, "You're a good pilot,"

"I'm spotting three battleships and two elite frigates," He said, ignoring her.

Sarah pushed a button and pulled back on a lever, "Activating microwarp drive and shield booster, helm and guns are yours,"

"Thanks," He paused as he began to fire and turned to Sarah, "There is nothing in this universe we can't take back. Learned that the hard way. They won't win until we give up,"

No comments:

Post a Comment