Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Here We Go Again

Every time I try to talk to you
I get tongue-tied
Turns out, everything I say to you
Comes out wrong and never comes out right
Santana and Chad Kroeger- Why Don't You and I

Continued from Prologue Part 1.

"So, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" Hallan leaned on his arm as he faced the Doctor.

"Never get tired of hearing that line," The psychiatrist smirked as she typed something on her datapad, "Why does the station commander hate you though?"

"I killed his brother," The woman shifted in her seat as he said that, and a slight frown crossed her face. Hallan studied her face for the first time as he continued, "Technically I didn't do it. It was me and a bunch of my friends. But I uh, don't think he's drawing much of a distinction,"

She had long brown hair, and her eyes were the color of pearl. He wasn't sure if it was natural or artificial, but it gave her an otherworldly glow. Her choice of a short skirt and tight business vest only served to accentuate her assets. He imagined what reaction she would receive if she went through a crowded cell block in the prison section instead of detention. Swinging those hips above those long smooth legs and below her perfect waist.

"This was when you were a pirate?" She asked, almost startling him.

"Yeah," He paused, "Uh, truth is that with the number of people I've killed, it's a pretty common occurrence for me to run into some dick who's the first cousin's husband of some idiot from my days as a pirate,"

"You didn't think to check before you docked up here?"

"I didn't have time," Hallan laid on his back again.

"Really? Why?"

"It's a long story,"

"Then I'm here for a long time," She uncrossed her legs, and then recrossed them the other way as she shifted back in her seat.

"We'll go from the top then Dr. Peyroux. Or can I call you Sarah?"

"Sarah's fine,"

"Yes you are," Hallan chuckled and Peyroux rolled her eyes as he continued, "I gave up piracy for good a week ago. You'd think there'd be some sort of karmic balance to the decision, but time after time this shit's coming back to bite me in the ass,"

"I don't believe in Karma," she said, interrupting him.

"Neither do I, but hey, a man can dream,"

Continued in Chapter 1.

1 comment: