Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Horror

You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.
Marlon Brando - On The Waterfront

Why in the hell do you care? Is there something you're not sharing? Something about your ship, your implants, or your statistics that's important to you?

Give it up.

I don't understand people who don't just live in low-sec, but make their living there and are afraid to die. What in the hell is wrong with you? Did you miss the memo about being a pirate? You don't have to care.

I go on roams with people that refuse to engage, I hear people talk about how they don't wanna lose their ships. Those of you that talk like that, think like that, or work like that are idiots. You forget yourselves.

What do you hope to achieve? You fly with pirates, you give the finger to the law. You laugh in the face of danger. You achieve greatness.

I swear to you, that isn't going to happen while you are cowering inside a station, no matter how expensive your ship is.

Put away your insecurities, put away your fears, put away your misguided notions of profit, put away everything. Become primal. There are primordial instincts. Bring that to the table. You can be that person. Know where you are. Know where they are. Use all your skills.

If money is an issue, fly only what you can afford to lose. When it's all said and done, just have fun.

Glory follows.

6 comments:

  1. come back when u fly good ships and say that. charging into a battle where the odds aren't stacked in your favour is idiocy not honourable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I agree with the sentiment...and I fly what I can afford to lose. Bringing my 150M broadsword out to play before i learn how to effectively fly it ( by watching and talking to others) is I think a bit of a waste, and will lead down the road to financial ruin. Mind you I also have a stable of fully fitted T1 ships that I can drop at a moments notice without a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I'm almost always willing to engage slightly (and sometimes considerably) over the odds, no matter what ship I bring to the party...whether it's a T2 fit Rifter or a faction-fit Rapier. Don't fly what you can't afford to lose, right? However, my willingness to engage is based on my faith in the FC's ability to intelligently assess a situation and make an informed decision. If I think an FC has made inaccurate assessments or foolish decisions, I'm going to start asking questions. While I respect the FC's authority, I refuse to blindly follow orders. I'm a pirate and can think for myself when need be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear hear, brother. Ganks are dull, overwhelming odds are thrilling. Stick to cheap stuff and get the most out of it. Of course, there is a point where cojones turn into outright stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind engaging against bigger odds but won't do so if it is certain doom.

    And if I am in something I can't afford to lose, then yeah I am more careful otherwise recklessness is ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. One has to get used to loose ships. I personally consider ship lost at the moment I finalize its fitting and slap name on it. ISK are away. If I die, yuhuu, I get some payout! That is paycheck day...

    If you bring ship to gang and are scared loosing it, stay at home, nobody cares about your ship anyway. The worst category are those who are not only scared, but are dying on voice com together with their ship.

    Ships are tools to blow up. Nothing more or less. 150m ISK costly sock is still just sock I put on my feet to feel better.

    ReplyDelete