Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

This Is Where We Fight.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell.
Alfred Tennyson- The Charge Of The Light Brigade

My name is Hallan Turrek.

There are people out there that think I'm just a number. They think I'm just a nuisance. They think if they throw some resources at me I'll go away. I won't cost them anything, just redistribute a bit of force and out I'll go. X force applied at Y time for Z result. To them I'm just a number.

A bit ago, a group of Mercenaries moved into Egmar. They didn't talk, they didn't care, they just started killing things. Lots of things. Things we wanted to kill. We avoided them like the plague and operated normally, because we knew who they were.

They'd bait with unaffiliated pilots and bring twenty man gangs down on a single cruiser. They started to camp the Egmar gate in multiple sensor boosted Interceptors. There started to be a Falcon around every corner. To them, we were just a number. Another small bump in the road to them getting what they wanted. Finally we'd had enough.

Concord has sanctioned our war against them. With every advantage they stack the deck with, it's nice to take away a few. Gateguns won't shoot us if we attack them. We can camp them into stations. We can show them what a few good pilots can do, and beat the hordes back.

If we're going to be a number we can be the number of ships they've lost, the total cash they've had to spend to eradicate us. The truth though, is that we're anything but a number.

My name is Hallan Turrek, and we're the fucking Bastards.

Get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. *crosses fingers* Slaughter them and salvage their wrecks! :)

    ReplyDelete