Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Finding Her

I been one poor correspondent.
I been too, too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind
America - Sister Golden Hair

Hallan looked around in wonder as he walked down the street. The sounds and the lights of the crystal boulevard made him smile in a way he hadn't smiled in a while. This was definitely Gallente Prime.

He opened the door to one of the clear buildings and walked inside. The proprietor glanced up at Hallan as though he simple wasn't interested in business and went back to reading off his comm station.

"I'm looking for a way through," Hallan said softly.

"Lots of ways through, or are you just looking?" The man looked up for a moment and squinted.

"I'm always looking," As Hallan spoke the man reached under the counter and flipped a switch. Hallan heard something in the back click loudly.

The man motioned behind him at the door, "They're expecting you,"

__________________

After a fifteen minute elevator ride, Hallan winced at the light as the doors opened. He walked forward and found himself in an office. There were no other doors, and the man behind the desk in the middle of the room motioned for him to sit down. Hallan sat down and looked at the man with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you recognize the face?" The man asked as the screen behind him flashed to life.

"You could say that. That's Sarah." Hallan answered.

"Not exactly, but she is the one who pulled your ass out of the fire on Shiwakusei,"

"I didn't forget. What do you need from me?" Hallan said as he put his feet up on the desk.

"Simple extraction, she's been on a deep cover assignment on Caldari Prime,"

"Woah, that's a bit too much information for someone who's not agreed to anything yet,"

"You'll agree," The man said with a smile, "We've been out of contact with her for three days, we need this extraction done yesterday,"

"She's in danger then?"

"The Caldari have the entire planet occupied and a titan is sitting overhead to ensure it remains that way," The man began before Hallan interrupted him.

"I read the news, I know the situation here in Luminaire,"

"Then why'd you ask a stupid question? She's Gallente Intelligence, of course she's in danger,"

"She struck me as the kind of gal that could handle herself,"

"I'm sure she can, but right now I need your help,"

1 comment: