Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My First Contract With NOIR.: Malum Exuro

I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them.
Private Joker - Full Metal Jacket

This last week has been a blur. To be honest it's something of a treat to fly with people who're so clearly superior to me in skill and knowledge. What's odd is that despite my best efforts, I didn't get on a single war target kill all week. That doesn't mean I didn't keep busy though. Every day, from the time I logged in, to the time I logged off(reluctantly) there were gangs doing something.

The first few days were mostly uneventful actually, with most of us hopping around wormholes inside the target system to both get kills and waste the war target's time. They managed to stay docked up pretty tight for a while, only hopping out to get a Deimos of ours.

That sucked, but apparently it gave them some nerve, and they finally started to fight us. The very next day saw a huge battle on their station, yielding for them two typhoons and a Bhaalgorn.

At that point we're looking at 0% efficiency and a billion isk faction battleship loss. Needless to say, it was time to buckle down.

What started with a Crow, ended in a landslide. (Note, there was another carrier downed just after that battle belonging to someone's friend)

I've made my own mistakes already, like getting caught in a friendly bubble a thousand meters away from a drake. But as you can see, the folks we were shooting at paid dearly for it.

We'll end the contract with nearly 70% efficiency, and I'm having the time of my life.

Welcome to NOIR.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really having fun, Hallan. Found your niche, it appears. :) Miss flying with you though. Hell, I miss flying at all given the limited amount of EVE time I have at the moment. Fly dangerous, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find time to get back to a somewhat normal online schedual.

    Hey, maybe if we pull a 0.0 contract you can come along for a bit of fun?

    ReplyDelete