CrazyKinux:"This month's EVE Blog Banter comes to us from Brinelan over at The Shard (http://www.theshard.org). He asks: What drew us into EVE, what keeps us playing the game and what brought us back if we've ever left?"
I enjoy the space combat genre of games. I played an old game called TDZK which was a text based EVE, I played Elite on the NES and it's sequels. Loved Wing Commander. Loved Freespace. Absolutely fell in love with Freelancer. The truth of the matter is, I love space combat. It is by far my favorite genre of game.
That said, EVE has a hell of a learning curve, but I'm sticking to it cause I know in the grand scheme of things I'm not doing so badly. That's right, I'm sticking around cause I know I'm learning it faster than some other new guys are.
If you look around at other MMOG's out there you'll find a lot of good ones and a few great ones. EVE stands head and shoulders above the rest.
I love a universe I can just immerse myself in, I love that I can do whatever I want. I love that it gives me an entire universe to play with. I can mine, hunt, police, build an empire, break one down, or watch it fall. I can hire myself out as a merc, research ships or technology. I can explore the universe and make money doing it.
This is my time. If anyone wants to take it away they'll have to fight me for it, and I like my chances.
PS. If this appears shorter than you expected, realize I just found the email 30 minutes ago saying this had to be up today. I don't actually check my email... ever... so uh... yeah.
- CrazyKinux's Musing: EVE Blog Banter #2: Space, the Final Frontier...
- Ombeve: OOC Blog Banter 2
- The Wandering Druid of Tranquility: Internet Spaceships is Serious Business
- Semper EVE: The Allure of EVE
- A Merry Life and a Short One: EVE Blog Banter #2 - This Is My Time
- Life in Low Sec: Blog Banter #2: EVE's Enduring Allure
- Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah: Eve Blog Banter - What Drew Me Into Eve?
- Roc's Rambling: Blog Banter #2: Staying Power
- Sahirs Journey: Why am I sitting in an internet spaceship?
- Diving into PsychDiver's Psyche: EVE Blog Banter #2: All I Ever Wanted To Be Was A Capsuleer
- Achernar: Just gathering intel
- Sweet Little Bad Girl: Blog Banter #2
- The Ralpha Dogs: The Appeal of the Never-Ending Story
- A Mule in EVE: Mule Psychology : EvE Style
- A Misguided Adventure: Blog Banter - Enduring Allure
- One Man and His Spaceship: Blog Banter 2 - November 2008 Edition
- Letrange's EVE Blog: That Banter Thing
- Diary of a Space Jokey: EVE Blog Banter: How'd I get here ?!
- I May Find Peace Within The Emptiness…: EVE Blog Banter #2: New Eden Bearhug…
- Travels of Black Claw: Blog Banter #2: Why I'm Here
- Blackheart Pirate: A Pirate and His Dog
- The Shard: EVE Blog Banter #2