Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interview with Admiral IceBlock

Links to your forum thread and site.
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1039545
http://www.noint.net/csm/

So, how long have you been playing?
Almost constantly since August 2003 with a few short breaks inbetween the years. I started with the character IceBlock which I later terminated due to security status and Admiral IceBlock was born right after.

What have you done in Eve during that time?
Mining, plexing, npc hunting, pvping, roleplaying. Pretty much everything besides financial IPO stuff.

What real life experiences do you have that will aid you in your elected position?
I have been a member of the student council aswell as been apart of the russ council during my last year.

What is russ? It is the most awesome time for norwegians where alcohol is consumed for almost a month with full party and girls every single day. My job as a member of the council was to make sure that everybody had fun and to organise events for my school.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ

What do you think of the recent Bob/Goonswarm fiasco, including the renaming of Kenzoku?
I find it hilarious considering who BoB is/was and what they have been doing in the past. You reap what you sow!

What do you think of the re-balancing of ECM?
I always found falcons sitting 200km out very unfair. They are now inline with the other recons. For the whiners out there; no other electronic warfare could remove a whole ship without destroying it.

What do you think of the re-balancing of Stealth Bombers?
Stealth bombers are now usefull. I think the balance was very good and brought something new into the game again.

How much of an effect should players have on the broader Eve storyline?
Players should have a large affect on the EVE storyline. It is the players that makes the sandcastles in the sandbox called EVE. But since we haven't had anything resembling a storyline since 2004(?), anything is better than nothing ...

Does it bother you that Veldspar is more profitable than any low sec minerals?
Yes it does bother me. But the question is; is it the miners, the market or CCP's fault? I believe that it is CCP's fault to that degree they introduced capital ship component BPO's which require ridicilous amounts of tritanium. The increase in minerals are based on percentage, so for lower needs it seems "fine" but gets way out of order as the amount increases.

What's your opinion on current war declaration mechanics?
I dislike it personally. I like it the way it was before; before the big big nerf.

What is the single largest imbalance in game, and how would you fix it?
POS sovreignity, POS sovreignity and POS SOVREIGNITY! I think everybody hates it to the skies, but it is required due to CCP forcing it onto the playerbase.

This is something I have proposed to fix it back in 2006. I have been an everlasting hater of POS sovreignity ever since its introduction.
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=388151

I still believe what I wrote is in the right direction. My aim is to get boring POS grinding out of this game forever because it adds nothing to the game except for tedious static grinding. I believe everybody agrees on this one!

Anything to add?
Northern Intelligence is recruiting! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment