Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interview with Gaetring Xana

What is your ingame name?
That would be Gaetring Xana. Xana is actually the first name. :)

Links to your forum thread and site.
I don't have one, sorry.

So, how long have you been playing?
A little over a year and a half by now. I started in October 07.

What have you done in Eve during that time?
Well, a little bit of everything really. Well, almost everything. I haven't played in 0.0 space as such yet.

What real life experiences do you have that will aid you in your elected position?
I'm not really sure. It's hard to apply real life experiences to a game of this nature.

What do you think of the recent Bob/Goonswarm fiasco, including the renaming of Kenzoku?
Ironically, I try to stay out of or at least away from the alliance politics. :) I'm not saying I *condone* actions of that nature. It's just that things happen that shake up the game sometimes and one has to be able to roll with the punches.

What do you think of the re balancing of ECM?
It was overdue. I don't personally fly caldari ships so I wouldn't have that particular experience from the pilot's perspective. On the surface of things it appears to be better for the game as a whole.

What do you think of the re balancing of Stealth Bombers?
I'd really love to go out and play with one of these! They've always looked like a lot of fun. I'm not so sure that switching the bonuses from cruise to torpedos will 'enhance' the experience.. but time will tell.

How much of an effect should players have on the broader Eve storyline?
I've always thought that stories should generally come out of the minds of the people who created the game. However, that doesn't mean there isn't any room for player inspired content.

Does it bother you that Veldspar is more profitable than any low sec minerals?
Me personally? No, can't say that it does. However, that would be something for CCP to look into if it's causing an overall market 'problem' that isn't fixed with the normal fluctuations.

What's your opinion on current war declaration mechanics?
They need work as well as the whole corporate management interfaces. As far as what specifically I can't think of anything offhand.

What is the single largest imbalance in game, and how would you fix it?
Unfortunately, that answer depends on how you define imbalance and what your particular beef is. Most of the issues I can think of aren't really 'balance' related so much as griefing or bugs or even poor design choices. One would hope that after 5+ years of development and gameplay things would be relatively balanced.

Anything to add?
Thanks for your time. I wasn't expecting anyone to want to interview me. If you have any other questions feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment