Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Measure: Prelude - Part Three

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday
Green Day - Holiday

Eight Years Ago:

"Hallan, why?" The headmaster looked into Hallan's eyes as he spoke, but Hallan looked at the ground.

"I won, and that wasn't good enough for him," Hallan fidgeted in his seat.

"This is the Navy, not some schoolyard, you can't hit your teachers,"

"I apologize sir,"

"That really isn't good enough,"

"I understand sir,"

"I'm putting this incident in your file and there will be a hearing," The headmaster put his hand on the folder sitting in the middle of his desk, "Hallan, would you like to avoid a hearing?"

"Yes sir,"

"Hallan, you're pretty bright. When we did physical tests for entry, we came across a particularly odd result,"

"Sir?"

"We've put up with a lot from you for a reason. You can be a capusleer,"

"What does that mean?" Hallan leaned forward, interested.

"It means you resign from the Academy. We're contracting the work for pilots such as yourself out to some private corps better suited to handle it. Once you graduate their course, you'll automatically graduate from the Academy,"

"A pod pilot training corp?"

"Good Arms Incorporated. One of the best,"

"When do I leave?"

"Now,"

No comments:

Post a Comment