Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Monday, December 8, 2008

See Like Me

I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue
But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours
Come on and open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

I took an opportunity to fly with my corpmates and Mynxee today. I took over fleet command for a bit. I suggested we all get in basic frigates like I always do, so a crew of two Rifters an Incursus headed in the direction of Vitrauze. We got out to Dal, and picked up another bastard, he headed in our direction in a Punisher.

We decided to wait for him, so we spread out in system and started looking for targets. We didn't find anything, but along the way we heard about some activity in Arzad, so we headed to the Ezzara-Arzad gate. We waited on the other side but eventually the activity died down. We passed through, and caught a Blackbird warping to the bunker in the middle of the system. We obligingly followed, me saying "This is probably a trap but, you know," over voice comms as we entered warp. We came in on the Blackbird, and immediately pointed it. A Rifter came as the Blackbird was around half armor, so we finished him off and then picked up the Rifter as a new target. At this point a Merlin and two more Rifters dropped on us.

The first Rifter exploded fairly quickly, but all the frigates decided to primary me. I died, and then I got my pod out. The rest of the fleet dropped the Merlin, then another Rifter, then another Rifter. A Slasher and Moa showed up and they started to hit them just as two Vagabonds came down on them.

Mynxee lost a ship, and so did one of the other bastards. Another got out and we took stock of our losses. As it turned out, the Blackbird had been rigged, and was expensively fitted. We cursed that we hadn't held the field to get the loot. Then the surviving Bastard let us know something funny. The other guys had left us the loot. So we got back into Evati with the loot and started getting everyone reshipped.

Good day.

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun, fun night...seems like every time we go out in frigates we have a great time. Like a bunch of kids zooming around on their Big Wheels without a care in the world. Great job FC'ing--your style suits my impatient nature. Darn it, I wish I'd gotten undocked in time to at least take a shot at that Maelstrom. That poor guy, LOL!

    ReplyDelete