Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Interview with Garthran

Links to your forum thread and site.
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1060464

So, how long have you been playing?
I've maintained an active subscription to Eve since September 3rd, 2006. Some of that has simply been AFK skill training due to RL troubles, but I've never really left.

What have you done in Eve during that time?
I was a director for a small, high/low sec industrial corp. In that time I interacted with CVA, Atlas, and Libertas Fidelis. When that corp dissolved, I moved to a friend's corp, Synthetic Frontiers, and mostly sat in station, as I had no home internet at the time. I am now a member of a highsec industrial corp called CINDER INDUSTRIALS. I primarily run missions, but have been known to shoot people that cause problems.

What real life experiences do you have that will aid you in your elected position?
Real life? Who has time for that these days?

What do you think of the recent Bob/Goonswarm fiasco, including the renaming of Kenzoku?
I honestly couldn't care less. Once upon a time I tried to care about 0.0 politics, but then I realized I didn't. That's not to say I am unsympathetic to players who choose to live in 0.0, but its just not my thing.

What do you think of the re balancing of ECM?
I think it was needed. Being able to completely shut down multiple targets, using a single ship, from hundreds of kilometers away? Sounds like it needs a balancing to me.

What do you think of the re balancing of Stealth Bombers?
I'm ecstatic, honestly. My Nemesis was the first t2 ship I used in PvP. Although it got no kills, it didn't die, either. Allowing me to use a CovOps cloak makes me very happy, as it allows the stealth bomber to perform in a way that is actually stealthy. There is some contention on the swapping of bonuses to torpedoes from cruise missiles, and I can see reasons for both sides of the arguement. I'll wait until I've experienced it better to make a final call in that regard.

How much of an effect should players have on the broader Eve storyline?
If you mean should players change empire relations, I would have to say no. From a purely roleplay standpoint, capsuleers represent an incredibly small, albiet powerful, group in the universe. As rich and powerful as we are, we're still not so incredible that our opinions alone will change the political interactions of the empires. I think the storyline should change to accomodate players, but I don't think players should be actively defining the storyline.

Does it bother you that Veldspar is more profitable than any low sec minerals?
Nope. You don't mine in low sec because its profitable. You mine in low sec because you need Zydrine and don't want to mine in 0.0. There's still Veldspar in low-sec, you don't have to mine the lowsec ores.

What's your opinion on current war declaration mechanics?
I think that increased maximum dec counts would be fine, along with correspondingly increased rates via the current system. Unlimited isn't going to happen, it will just invite another Privateers situation. I think the inclusion of a built-in ransom system would also be useful. Under normal circumstances (duel systems, for example) I am of the opinion that if you don't trust the guy, don't get involved with him. But with the wardec situation, warring corporations are asking for hundreds of millions, even billions of ISK in ransom from their targets. To have a target hand over that cash, and then have the aggressor fail to honor the agreement, is a serious blow to morale, nevermind the corporate wallet.

What is the single largest imbalance in game, and how would you fix it?
I honestly can't think of a significant imbalance offhand. Every imbalance I've encountered, I've found a workaround for and forgotten. That's not to say they don't exist, but I am not currently able to name one :)

Anything to add?
Check out my thread for more platform information. I'd love to be able to represent the Eve community as a CSM, and would be very grateful if you, the voters, found me to be an acceptable representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment