Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Shine On

Instant karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Everyone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When you're everywhere
Come and get your share
John Lennon - Instant Karma

Continued from Working Double Time

"Oh come on," Shae said as she and Mynxee were pouting.

"It's not even a roam. We'll go find some targets in Evati. You can take that Hound out,"

"I uh, I don't think so actually," Hallan put his hands in his pockets. He fingered the box again.

"Got something better to do?" Shae put her hand on her hip and smiled.

"Actually uh, I need to see Ronin,"

"Why?" Mynxee looked concerned.

"I think it would be best if I didn't say,"

Shae shrugged her shoulders, "Ok. We can have fun without you too,"

The two girls walked down the hall towards the Hellcats' hangars and Hallan turned around and headed towards Ronin's office.

__________________

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Ronin was holding Hallan's resignation in his hand. He was not happy.

"I can't do this anymore,"

"That doesn't explain anything really. Hope you know that this isn't an easy in and out," He tossed the datapad to the side, "You leave and it's hard as hell to come back,"

"I know,"

"Good luck then," Ronin stood up and put his hand out. Hallan shook it and stood himself as Ronin spoke again, "See you at the party tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it,"

__________________

*CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP*

Hallan slapped the alarm button and smiled.

"Alone again," he said to the empty room.

No comments:

Post a Comment