Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Sweet Sorrow

Operator, well, could you help me place this call
'Cause I can't read the number that you just gave me
There's something in my eyes - you know it happens every time
I think about the love that I thought would save me
Jim Croce - Operator(That's Not the Way It Feels)

Continued from Shame

OOC Note: This is the start of an idea I had. Hopefully it's well received. It will run through next week's normal updates with the conclusion next Friday.

*CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP*

"Hallan! Hallan!" Resika shook him as she called his name, "Wake up!"

"Ugh," Hallan opened his left eye and squinted at her as he spoke, "What."

"Your alarm's going off,"

"I know,"

"It sounds like someone's killing crickets,"

"Meh," Hallan reached over to his nightstand and slapped a button on top of it. The noise stopped.

"Hallan, we need to talk," Resika was dressed already and sitting on his side of the bed.

"Oh this sounds good," He rolled over and covered his head with a pillow.

"I've been thinking about what you said, about being a bad person. Hallan, we can't see each other anymore,"

Hallan sat up in bed and cocked his head to the side, "So you're too good for me now?"

"I didn't say that," She shifted uncomfortably, "I don't think I can be a part of that life,"

"Oh ok yeah. This is about Korvan isn't it?" Resika's eyes went wide at the mention of his name, and Hallan continued, "Yeah I see that look. You thought I didn't know? He works for me, did you really think you were that good?" Hallan frowned as he looked her up and down, "Since you're already dressed to run, get the fuck out of here and don't come back,"

Resika's tears were a slow trickle as she walked towards the door, she stopped in the doorway and looked back at Hallan one more time, "You were right. I am too good for you,"

Hallan grabbed the lamp at the side of his bed and hurled it at the door as it shut, "Whatever,"

No comments:

Post a Comment