Regular Updates Weekly

My name is Hallan Turrek. This is my blog.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Interview with iulixx

Links to your forum thread and site.
My platform can be found at http://www.eve-ro.net/csm/

So, how long have you been playing?
I have been playing EVE Online for almost 3 years.

What have you done in Eve during that time?
I have tried everything ... from Industry (Research/Invention/Manufacturing), Mining, Missions runner, NPC, POS Warden (what many people call "carrebearing") to PVP. I have finally chosen a career which is more constructive and less destructive, namely Industry & Mining (at least for now).

What real life experiences do you have that will aid you in your elected position?
As regarding politics in real life experience I don't have much to say, but I could speak a little about the qualities which I consider helpful to me: patience, observation spirit, team work, perspicacity, perseverance.

Like many inveterate players, I have spent a lot of time playing this game. Some time ago (2 and a half years ago) I created www.eve-ro.net, a fan-site dedicated to the Romanian Eve Online players. Soon after it was launched, I started to receive numerous mails from players who were beginners and wanted all sorts of information regarding how to play the game, payment, etc. I tried to explain to them everything as clear as possible and I think I've done a great job so far. I think I can do even better than that, so I've decided to run for CSM.

What do you think of the recent Bob/Goonswarm fiasco, including the renaming of Kenzoku?
You said it yourself... a “fiasco”... and I subscribe to it. I personally take no interest in this aspect of the game. I read the forums very often, but I'm not the “fan” of either of the two opponents in this conflict.

In any game there are people who have too much of a vainglory... which sometimes cause damage to the progress of things.

I think a CSM candidate should detach himself from the alliance/corporation he is a part of and should represent the interests of the entire community in the game development.

What do you think of the re balancing of ECM?
It is a quite good start, we'll see what's next... :-)

What do you think of the re balancing of Stealth Bombers?
I give a brownie points to CCP for having listened to the players' desires. Of course, there are a lot of ships which are worth taking a glimpse at (Assault Ships, the majority of the Minmatar ships, etc) but everything has a beginning... I think this is a step in the good direction.

Does it bother you that Veldspar is more profitable than any low sec minerals?
You've touched my very field of activity and I could speak much about it.

Indeed, Veldspar is the most profitable Ore (ISK wise) in the Empire, even better than the Ore in the Low-Sec. What bothers me (and I think I'm not the only one who has the same opinion) is that it's becoming a more and more... rare resource.

The majority of the players who have never been involved in mining in the Empire are tempted to think that the Veldspar miners are multi-billionaire. Not true at all! Why? It is simple, the roids are disappearing. The number of miners is continuously increasing, the number of the resources in the game has remained constant and, in some cases, I think they're decreased in number.

The Empire has become a desert “squeezed” by the players. If you go to almost any Hi-sec in the Empire, you'll see that entire belts have disappeared, the roids are very small (I find it absurd that a belt which spends a few days respawning should be mined in 30 mins. - 1 hour by a player who has good skills in mining). Although, theoretically speaking, a Veldspar hour of mining = (+/-) 17 billions, the things are different. 30% of the time is spent looking for a good belt, 30% mining and what's left, 40% is spent looking for another system in which you can mine... This is the way things are while mining in the Empire. This must be the reason why the price for Tritanium has exploded. Veldspar is more and more rare...

Let's not forget that mining is usually the first trade chosen by our players. A rookie doesn't have too many skills so he will choose mining, but mining has become a very boring trade for the moment and I think many players give up playing in the first weeks only because of this.

What's your opinion on current war declaration mechanics?
I consider it highly exploitable. A corporation can declare war to another corporation without any apparent reason. A PVP body can declare war to an Industry body only to claim a sum of money, for example, and there are many other examples. I think it should be changed. When and in what extent, these are matters to debate. I am sure there are a lot of scenarios to be tested.

What is the single largest imbalance in game, and how would you fix it?
The inexhaustible resources - Moon minerals, Supercapitals, Sov and POS Warfare. Eve has become a game of numbers. The more people you bring, the more chances you have to win. How I would change this, I don't know yet, but I have a few ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment